Friday, November 14, 2008

Good Communicator

While I rarely use this forum to rant or rave about my personal experiences in recruiting, I feel it necessary today as an outlet for stress. Be forewarned....

I am not sure how many resumes I review weekly, but it is probably enough to start a collection that would surmount my baseball card collection growing up. And while I find it interesting how many variations there are for resume structure, there is one underlying theme to binds almost all resumes together - the fact that candidates find it necessary to articulate that they are a "good communicator" or have "strong communication skills". I know, I know, this is trivial in the grand scheme of recruiting; however, when was the last time somone admitted in an interview that they had poor communication skills? I have yet to interview a candidate who made such an admission.

Ok, I am off my soapbox. I hope everyone has a great weekend and go forth and communicate.

No comments: