Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Still Happy

I just got off the phone with a incredible candidate I placed with a company about two years ago, who is as pleased today as he was then with his decision to join this growing Motorsports company. I asked Wayne why he was still happy - and his response was simple: I love what I do!

As Christmas rapidly approaches, I like to takes this time to reflect back on the impact my recruiting has had on my client companies, and the candidates I have had the great fortune of placing. And when I look at my own career, I have to echo Wayne's sentiments. Recruiting may be a rollercoaster, with highs and yes, some lows; but I still love coming into work on Monday morning and getting after it. I speak with new clients and candidates and each week presents new challenges.

2008 will be a year to remember! For me, I celebrated my first year with my wonderful wife Shannon, and we together brought into this world our son TJ in April. (For those who know me personnally, you know the health issues we fought to overcome that make this holiday even more special!) From a work perspective, a good year but still room to improve.

So as I prepare to take the next few days to celebrate Christmas with Shannon and TJ, I want to give a warm thought Merry Christmas to you all! We all have blessings to be thankful for this year and while the economy wasn't the most forgiving, I know 2009 has great things in store for us all.

(If for some reason you are not happy at work and want to explore a new opportunity in the new year - email me and let's make something happen! The sidelines have too many people waiting to see what will happen in the new year)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments: