So I owe a huge apology that my blogging has been non-existent as of late....and by late, I mean six plus weeks. No lame excuses - all I can say is that recruiting within TruGreen LandCare has had my unwavering attention, outside my wife and incredible Little Man!
With that said, a number of individuals over the last week or two have highlighted the value they found in this blog and wished I did it more often. So.....I am forsaking my losing Red Sox tonight to bring you a new post and highlight a high profile position! The Red Sox are losing right now so no need to check tomorrow's box score unless Jason Bay or Big Papi can score some runs...
On to the good stuff! Please find below the job description for a Region Manager position we currently have available within TruGreen LandCare. If this piques your interest, please do not hesitate to reach out to me to discuss in further detail! I look forward to hearing from you and stay tuned - more to come!
Position: Region Manager
Create and maintain a region of branches that have management teams in place who clearly understand what is expected of their business and have a plan in place to accomplish the expectations. Operate within the policies and procedures of the company and create an environment that motivates people to be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
· Create a Region staff that operates as a team to ultimately support Branch Management.
· Communicate “The Vision” throughout the Region.
· Responsible for the financial results, revenue and operating income of the Region.
· Implementation and achievement of Region’s goals and objectives. Make sure they are communicated to all levels of production.
· Work with Regional People Services Managers to aid and develop plans for employee growth and development.
· Monitor Results vs. Plans by evaluating daily, weekly and monthly reports.
· Develop plans with Region Marketing Manager to ensure sales and retention success.
Manages two or more managers who supervise office, sales and operations departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, or four to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
As required by federal and state law.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Oral and written communications skills Analytical skills
Team development skills Organizational skills
Leadership skills Attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA/M/F/D/V)